The majority of seniors would love to stay at home to have the freedom and independence they desire. It also allows them to stay in familiar surroundings, which is perfect for seniors who are losing their vision and may be suffering from degenerative brain conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
In-home elder care is the most dependable alternative for seniors who choose to age in their own homes. One of the most common inquiries a family has when considering in-home care services is, “How much does in-home care cost?“
The most common concerns among families are affordability and payment options. The answer to this topic varies according to the state, setting, and type of care provided.
Options Available To Pay For In-Home Senior Care From Silver Sitters in Palm Beach County, Florida
1. Private Pay/Out of Pocket: Privately paying or paying out of pocket is one of the most convenient payment methods for people who have the money or savings to pay for senior in-home care entirely. If seniors have saved throughout their lives and have good financial family support, this is an excellent choice for them. Because the cost is established depending on the type of care and the number of hours a senior requires, in-home care is often more economical than institutional care. To get the comprehensive cost details for your area in, Palm Beach County, Florida, call Silver Sitters office at 561-612-5411
2. Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance: Long-term care insurance is a type of coverage that reimburses seniors for in-home care assistance. This coverage is for seniors who require assistance with everyday tasks (ADLs). Policies should be purchased far in advance of the necessity for medical treatment. Silver Sitters works with your LTC provider to ensure that all documentation is completed on time and promptly to receive proper compensation.
Silver Sitters’ care managers are available to answer any questions you may have concerning the documentation required to begin using this particular form of coverage. Silver Sitters would like to point out that each insurance is unique, thus we recommend contacting your insurance carrier for precise coverage available.
3. Veterans Aid and Attendance:Veterans and their surviving spouses who require regular assistance and a helping hand for activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, toileting, transfers, medication reminders, and more can be eligible for a special veterans Aid and Attendance (A&A) benefit offered by the Government.
Veterans who meet certain criteria may be eligible to utilize their benefits to assist in paying for long-term care by reimbursement. Contact Silver Sitters to find out more about veterans’ benefits.
4. Reverse Mortgage:Reverse mortgages are considered as a reliable option for homeowners aged 62 and over who live in their primary residence and have a substantial amount of equity. To learn more about this, speak with a reputable Reverse Mortgage Specialist.
5. Medicaid Benefits:Silver Sitters does not accept Medicaid coverage. Our care managers can recommend alternate possibilities. To learn more, call 561-612-5411.