Home is the most preferred choice for seniors to age peacefully. Seniors would love to remain at home to maintain their freedom and independence. Aging at home enables seniors to remain in familiar surroundings, which is ideal for seniors who are losing their vision and may be suffering from degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
For elders who choose to age in their own homes, in-home elder care is the most trustworthy option. “How much does in-home care cost?” is one of the most typical questions a family has when contemplating in-home care services.
Affordability and payment alternatives are the most typical concerns among families. The answer to this question varies by state, location, and type of care delivered.
Options Available To Pay For In-Home Senior Care From Silver Sitters in Broward County, Florida
1. Private Pay/Out of Pocket: For individuals who have the money or resources to pay for senior in-home care altogether, privately paying or paying out of pocket is one of the most convenient payment methods available for them. This is a fantastic option for seniors who have saved throughout their life and have strong financial family support. In-home care is frequently less expensive than institutional care since the cost is determined by the type of care and the number of hours a senior requires. Call Silver Sitters at 754-800-6084 to obtain detailed cost information for your location in Broward County, Florida.
2. Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance: Long-term care insurance is a sort of insurance that pays for in-home care for seniors. This plan is for seniors who need help with day-to-day responsibilities (ADLs). LTC insurance should be bought far in advance of the need for services. Silver Sitters collaborates with your long-term care provider to ensure that all paperwork is completed on time and in its entirety in a timely manner so that you may receive fair reimbursement.
The care managers at Silver Sitters are available to answer any questions you may have about the paperwork needed to start using this type of coverage. Silver Sitters would like to emphasize that each insurance policy is different, thus we recommend contacting your company for specific coverage benefits.
3. Veterans Aid and Attendance:Veterans and their surviving spouses who require frequent assistance and a helping hand with activities of daily living including washing, dressing, toileting, transfers, medicine reminders, and more may be eligible for the government’s Aid and Attendance (A&A) payment.
Veterans who satisfy certain requirements may be able to use their benefits to pay for long-term care through reimbursement. To learn more about veteran benefits, contact Silver Sitters.
4. Reverse Mortgage:For homeowners aged 62 and above who remain in their primary house and have a significant amount of equity, reverse mortgages are a dependable alternative. Speak with a reputed Reverse Mortgage Specialist to learn more about this.
5. Medicaid Benefits:Silver Sitters does not accept Medicaid coverage. Our care managers can recommend alternate possibilities. To learn more, call 754-800-6084 now.